Imbolc, also known as Candlemas and Groundhog's Day, occurs at the beginning of February on February 2nd. It marks the middle of Winter and holds the promise of Spring. The Goddess manifests as the Maiden and Brigid, the Goddess of Fire.
In ancient times, people danced around bonfires and celebrated until dawn. Certain foods are traditional for Candlemas/Imbolc, such as crepes and pancakes. Because of their rounded shape and golden color, they are symbolic of the returning sun, which this holiday represents. The emphasis on fire represents the returning warmth of spring and the spark of life and fertility for the coming planting season. The element of fire is the element of creation and beginnings.
The Candle Wheel or Sun Wheel is at the center of the celebrations. As the days begin to grow longer and with the return of the Sun, Imbolc is the time to visualize life flourishing with abundance, creativity and renewed strength. Imbolc represents purification, renewal, reflection, fertility and illumination.
In this beautiful handmade kit you will receive:
* A Sacred Candle Wheel consisting of 5 hand poured, witch-blessed, wintery white votive candles, each scented with the traditional symbolism and fragrances of fresh, creamy milk, sweet honey, exotic jasmine and delicate spring roses
* Brigid's Blossoms Floral Incense Blend - A sweet mix of traditional, first spring flowers and petals blended with creamery dried organic milk, bourbon vanilla (a fairy favorite!), kissed with a silvery shimmer
* One ounce package of Bonfire Cauldron Wood Blend for Purification and Renewal to cast into your bonfire ritual or create a mini bonfire right in the cauldron! For a fiery display of magick, I've added a pinch of my magick igniting potion for an extra punch to help get the fire started and add a fiery display to your bonfire (please use caution when using this, especially in the cauldron, stand clear and keep away from children and pets at all times)
* One corked glass bottle of Brigid's Blessing Candle Wheel Anointing Oil (not pictured)
* One Charcoal Disk for burning incense
The kit comes packaged and delivered to you in a Purple Box tied with ribbons representing the colors of spring.
Brigid, a Celtic Triple Goddess, is known as the Goddess of the Sacred and Eternal Flames. Her name represents all three sisters, combined as one Triple Goddess. She is the Goddess of the hearth, poetry, divination, prophecy, healing, the smith's craft, and traditional learning, representing the three aspects of a woman. Maiden or Virgin, the nurturing and loving Mother, and the Crone, Sage, or Wise Woman. She is the Goddess of Fire who tirelessly protects those who call upon her.
Brigid is celebrated on the Pagan sacred holiday, Imbolc or Candlemas, at the beginning of February. A celebration of the return of the sun or the return of the light from the dark of winter. The Goddess manifests as the Maiden and Brigid, the Goddess of Fire.
* The Cauldron Pictured is available here in our shop and can be found under the Witchcrafts Supplies/Cauldrons Section. We have a nice selection of all different kinds of cauldrons too!